Take a moment and look at how you’re sitting right now. Does it look like any of the positions above? Are you comfortable? We no longer can deny the fact that the technology we use has an impact on our posture – and this is taking a toll on our body.
Yes, we recommend getting up every 50 minutes to an hour to stretch and get away from your desk which will give your body respite of long stints of sitting. But your chair could be working against you while you’re in it. Back pains, stiff neck, sore arms – even after you get up, you could still be dealing with these issues all day.
Gesture was designed by Steelcase after studying how people work and sit with the newest technologies. It’s no longer a keyboard and papers – it’s tablets and phones and netbooks and conferencing. It changes daily and we constantly move our body based on what we’re doing.
Gesture is a smart chair and moves with your body to conform to how you’re sitting. It is the first office chair designed to support our interactions with today’s technologies. The Gesture back and seat move as a synchronized system moving with each user to provide continuous and persistent support.
Here are some basics:
1) The Core Interface.
- The Gesture back and seat move as a synchronized system moving with each user to provide continuous and persistent support.
- The back cradles the user no matter the posture or device.
2) The Limb Interface:
- The Gesture arm moves like the human arm, which allows users to be supported in any position.
- Arms and shoulders remain supported when texting on a smartphone, typing on a keyboard or swiping a tablet.
3) The Seat Interface:
- The Gesture seat brings comfort all the way to the edges.
- It is flexible at the perimeter to allow users to sit in a range of postures without obstruction.
The User Interface:
- Gesture takes into account various body types and sitting preferences, quickly adjustable to meet the needs of each individual user.
- Users can adjust the Gesture chair as easily as adjusting their posture.
If you are struggling with your old chair, contact us to schedule a visit to test drive a Gesture. We would love to give you more information on the benefits of this amazing product!